Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What Do Casey and Kayla Have to Say?

    Today I would like to take a time out from my usual rant about the fast food world and focus my attention on the different blogs that my classmates have posted.  During this past week, I have had the opportunity to look at some of my peers blogs that have been posted throughout the past couple of weeks.  It was really interesting to see the different perspectives that each individual had to offer.  Everyone approached their topic in a different way which really helped make each blog unique. Also the topics of the blogs were all very different which really helped me expand my knowledge on the different issues associated with PR.  Today, I would like to focus on two of my classmate’s blogs. 
    As a big contributor to this social network phenomena that exists today, Casey’s post  about the article titled “Surviving a Social Networking Crisis” really caught my attention.  As a member of networks such as Facebook and Twitter, I know that PR news can travel within minutes by a simple click of a button.  If you feel that a company is not reputable all you have to do is post a excerpt on your status on Facebook or Tweet about it.  Casey gives really great insight about how she would handle a situation like her client receiving bad PR.  She says “I would address the situation right away.  I would not want to let the negativeness linger for everyone else to read. I need to quickly get a response out there by being prepared with the best media contacts and keeping my cool.”  Reading this was really interesting because it represents the exact approach that anyone should take when in a crisis.  I really liked Casey’s blog because it focuses on a different PR articles each week which really helps you get a broad view of the updated PR news.
    I also came across Kayla’s blog about Fashion PR and thought her post entitled “Fashion Research Results” was really interesting.  In this post Kayla discusses the research efforts of the store Lovely Bridal Shop.  She talks about how advertising towards the target you are trying to reach can really help raise awareness for your company.  For example, Lovely Bridal Shop tries to reach women between the ages of 25-30.  “By targeting these women they then must advertise accordingly: in certain magazines targeted toward women (especially bridal magazines) radio station ads, Facebook, and Twitter pages, and even a commercial aired during The Bachelor or Dancing with the Stars would suffice.”  I think this was very insightful, especially the part of advertising during The Bachelor or Dancing with the Stars.  When you think about these two shows you would assume that more woman are drawn to it than men are.  Kayla makes a really good point about helpful tactics to raise awareness for a store. 
     Each and every one of my classmates blogs really have something unique about them that makes them very interesting.  They are all well thought out and organized to fit the standards of a great read.  Casey and Kayla's blogs are just two that have stood out in my mind.  Good job guys! 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment