Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Classmate's Blogs

          This week I am going to take the time out of my topic in order to comment on two of my classmates blogs.  The first blog I would like to comment on is Brittany’s blog that she wrote last week entitled “Street Fashion.”  In this excerpt Brittany talks about how people form qualitative data about fashion on a daily basis.             Throughout her blog, Brittany expresses that qualitative data on fashion is obtained every day by just simply walking down the street.  I personally thought this was very interesting because everyday we are surrounded by people that each have their own unique tastes when it comes to fashion.  While reading this blog I began to think about when I walk around and see different people wearing different clothing.  The expression “fashion-statement” definitely goes hand in hand with this  because when I see someone I quickly make my own opinions about what they are wearing. Brittany then goes on saying that  fashion derives not just from clothes but from attitudes and personality as well.  I believe this to be a very valid statement.  I really liked how Brittany exemplified what she was trying to get through in her message by sharing her initial thoughts about the picture of the girl she posted.  “When I look at this picture I first see a girl who sloppily tossed her hair up and threw on sunglasses to cover her face that she didn’t have time to put makeup on.” She also comments on her facial expression and how her outfit perceives her confidence.  Although Brittany reinsures her readers that the assumption may not be correct, it still shows the ability to form qualitative observations instantly.
    Another blog that I found really interesting was Christina’s blog about qualitative research.  Christina approached this method by posing a question about whether or not the government or the President himself uses such research to find valuable results.  Christina’s research was very successful because she explored a current issue going on today.  Obama’s plan to allow homosexuals to freely be open and serve in the military has been a controversial issue.  However, qualitative research has been used in order for the government to interpret people’s reactions for this plan.  For example, focus groups were used in order discuss the positive and negative attitude of repealing the law. I thought this blog was very interesting because it shows that qualitative research is used many prominent industries such as the government. 

No comments:

Post a Comment